3.31.2015

March Adventures

March is always a super busy month. I didn't get a chance to work on any art, but have a lot to share.

There was a couple of great morning sun pictures that I got. I love the patterns in the sky.



For St. Patrick's Day we spent time with friends and family. I made this wonderful Irish Whiskey Pie. You can find the recipe here.


I have pretty much quit drinking but I decided to have one Irish Iced Coffee for St. Patrick's Day.


The next day we headed to the local winery for some great Irish Music. This guy was amazing!




I had walked out to my backyard and noticed this wonderful fragrance. I realized it was coming from the Mango trees. I have lived in my house for 6 years now and never noticed this fragrance so strong before. Here are some pictures of what the blooms look like on the tree. I will take pictures as the mangos start growing.



I also snuck some pictures of the Murphy dog.



I finally got around to cleaning and reorganizing my studio, you can read about that here.

March is my birthday month and this year was a big one. I turned the big 40. My sister tried to surprise me by coming down for it. She kept hinting that she was coming and I caught on to it pretty quickly. I was so excited to spend time with her.

The day of my birthday the boyfriend and I had planned to go to the Jupiter Lighthouse and then go to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Those plans got canceled because of the weather. So we decided we were going to go to my favorite breakfast place. I didn't realize it but the boyfriend and my sister had this breakfast all planned out and had a bunch of friends and family up there to celebrate.

Here is everybody waiting for me to show up.


This is when I got there. Our friend Alex decided to dance for me! I think he was over tired from just getting off of work.


Since it was raining and a dreary day we decided to go bowling. Here I am showing my skills.


The next day my sister and I went to the mall and did a little shopping. That afternoon she left to head home.


That night we ended up at the Indian Pow Wow that comes to the area every year at this time. I got this great picture of the sun setting behind a tee pee.


Here is my stash of purchases from the Pow Wow. I got a coyote skull and a handmade tomahawk.



When we got up that morning there were a bunch of buzzards across the street. I actually have a fascination with these birds. I wish I could have gotten closer.





March always ends up a great month. I am hoping to get back into my art in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment