8.26.2014

Photography Adventures

The next chapter of the Digital Photography Basics book by Kat Eye Studio, is about exploring Exposure. The exercise had us play with moving the exposures up and down and then also learning about bracketing the exposures. Here are some of my favorite photos from this exercise.

This first set of photos, I was playing with the bracketing function with the camera. Basically you end up taking 3 photos and the camera changes the exposure for each one as it is taken.

Exposure 0
Exposure -1
Exposure +1
These sunset photos I did the same thing with the bracketing.

Exposure 0
Exposure -1
Exposure +1
 I started just manually playing with the exposure settings.

Exposure -2.7 
Exposure -1 
I looked over and really liked the way the light was reflecting on the grass and the shadows of the trees.

Exposure -1 
Exposure 0
 I then noticed how the light was shining on the house and walked up and saw it shining through the mango trees. I really love the way these photos came out. They are my favorites from the photo shoot.

Exposure 0
I really like how the light from the sun is peeking through the tree and lighting up the grass to make it look like it is glowing.
Exposure -2 
Exposure -2 
Exposure -3
In these high contrast situations I am realizing I really like them being a bit underexposed.


No comments:

Post a Comment