9.18.2013

WIP Hummingbirds #1

I am starting a new painting. Well a couple of new paintings, in my mind they are a set. You might have seen these before in My Sketchbook. I transferred the sketches to canvas. The size of each canvas is 8x8. I am thinking about doing these in oil. Painting will start next Wednesday!

I wanted to draw a hummingbird because my Mom just loves them. I couldn't decide if I wanted one with open wings our from a side view, so I drew each. After I finished them they made me think of my Nana also. I have been thinking about maybe getting these tattooed on my chest to keep them both close to me. Another neat thing is my Mom's birthstone is Emerald and Nana's is Peridot, both being a green. I thought I would paint them to represent these colors.



No comments:

Post a Comment