4.08.2013

Weekly Adventures March 31st–April 7th

I have decided that I am not active enough on my blog. I thought it would be a good idea to do a weekly update of what is going on in my life and list out some of my favorite things of the week. I am not a great writer so I am also hoping this will help improve my writing skills.

Easter Sunday: We did the traditional Easter Sunday Morning and went over my Aunt's house for brunch. She always gets us big kids a package of our favorite candies, mine are Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. Then we watch the kids find their eggs. My Aunt started getting the kids kites for years now, so that has became a tradition. Although us big kids are usually the ones out there trying to get the kites up. It wasn't to windy out so it was hard to get any of the kites going.

Ninja Turtle Kite!

Movie: We went and saw The Host on Easter Sunday. I read the book, which is written by the same author that wrote Twilight, I like this story more than Twilight. I think they did really well with the movie and followed the book pretty closely, from what I remembered because I read the book a couple of years ago. I loved the way they portrayed the aliens, they were very pretty!


T.V.: Now that The Walking Dead has come to a close for the season, I needed to find something else to watch. I really do not watch that much T.V. but I do like watching a few shows, and they are usually spread out throughout the year. I actually got into a new show on A&E called Bates Motel. It is based off the story from the movie Psycho, which unfortunately I have not seen. I know its sad right, especially from somebody that loves horror movies. Bates Motel is perfectly weird and creepy, and I just love Freddie Highmore.


Books: Right now I am reading Beautiful Chaos, which is the 3rd book to the Beautiful Creatures Series. These books are good. It is taking me forever to get through this 3rd book, one reason is March is usually a busy month for me, the second reason is because the story just seems to be dragging. The subject from Book 1 to Book 3 is the same. Also I saw the movie for Beautiful Creatures and it was horrible compared to the book. They changed and twisted so much that it was a totally different story. I usually go into a movie, that is made from a book, with the attitude that it is going to be different. I really try to look at it as a different entity, but this one was way off.

On Goodreads you can set a goal for how many books you would like to read by the end of the year. I set my goal at 30 books. I am doing really horrible keeping up with it. It says I am 3 books behind. I guess I have some catching up to do.

Music: Here I just thought I would share any new music to me. I feel like I am a little late to the party when it comes to this band, but I found a love for them and this song. It's Five Finger Death Punch - Far From Home.


Food: I have a bad habit of making a lot of the same food throughout the week. I have gone to Pinterest and have been trying to make something new at least once a week. This past Sunday I made a Pork Tenderloin Au Jus. It was amazing, I should have taken a picture of it. I will try and remember to do that next time. Take a look at the recipe here. After it was done cooking in the crockpot most of the day. I shredded the pork and put it on hoagie rolls with an Italian Cheese mix on top, and put it in the oven until the cheese melted. Then we dipped it in the Au Jus sauce that was left after the pork was done. So Yummy!

Well that was all the excitement of my past week. Over the weekend I also got a lot of spring cleaning and yard work done.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely Easter.

    Thanks for your 'review' of The Host. I don't read a whole lot, but I have read that book TWICE. I want to see the movie, but wasn't real sure what to expect because Stephenie Meyer let them butcher Twilight so badly (I liked the books, HATED the movies -which I felt compelled to watch, but only for free from the library!!!)
    I only know one song by Five Finger Death Punch, which I paid to download from iTunes. they do a great cover of Bad Company.
    I like your weekly adventure idea and look forward to the next installment!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete