4.22.2013

Weekly Adventures April 15th – April 21st

This past week was crazy, with all the news about the Boston Marathon Bombing. My heart goes out to all the people of Boston. I am so glad they were able to catch them.

During the week I was happy to have finished the Rooster painting for my sister. Now I need to get on the sketch for the Tinkerbell painting for my little sister.


This weekend I took a Weekend Watercolor Workshop. We met up both Saturday and Sunday for 5 hours both days. I didn't realize how tough watercolor is to work with. I do like it and I think I am going to try and get a small medium grade kit and play with it. I do have some Crayola watercolors but I don't think the colors are bright enough. I was thinking about Sakura Koi Watercolors. What brands would you recommend? Here are the couple of the paintings I came up with during my class.



TV: I didn't really watch to much TV this past week. I end up recording Bates Motel on Monday Night and watching it Tuesday Night. Still a very interesting show.

Movie: We rented Django Unchained Saturday night. This is a Quentin Tarantino movie and he is one of my favorite Writers/Directors/Producers. This one was about slavery in the 1800s. It really depicted the harshness of slavery and racism. Of course the blood and killing was exaggerated, definitely Tarantino style. My only complaint was it was super long at just about 3 hours. Sunday night we did end up watching the movie Avatar on TV, another great move.


Books: I finally finished Beautiful Chaos! I do like this series of books so far, I just still think that the story line is dragging on a bit. I have started the last book of the series Beautiful Redemption. I am hoping with this being the last book, that it clears a lot of things up and comes to a good closure.

Music: I was over my Aunts house sometime at the end of February and my cousin was watching one of the award shows. I don't really watch the award shows much anymore, but this band Fun. came on and I was instantly interested in them. I went and looked them up and relate to most of their songs. This one especially with all I have been going through the past couple of years. I have to just tried and remember to keep moving forward and Carry On!


Food: I actually made a couple recipes from Pinterest this week. I am horrible and forgot to take photos of both dishes. The first one I made Thursday night was Pierogi Casserole, I have made this before and it has become one of our favorite meals. Sunday morning before my class I started this Honey Garlic Chicken in the crockpot. When I got home the house smelled amazing. I made some rice to eat with it, and it was really good.

Well I hope everybody is enjoying my Weekly Adventures with some of my favorite things. 

I hope everybody has a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment