5.12.2015

Universal's Diagon Alley Adventures

We went to Universal Studios a couple of weekends ago, to see the new Harry Potter section, Diagon Alley. I was so excited to see this new part. I had seen the first section Hogsmeade at Islands of Adventure about 5 years ago.

We ended up staying at The Fountains which is one of the Bluegreen Resorts. It was a beautiful resort. The beds were super comfy. We ended up in a 2 bedroom and asked a couple friends if they would like to come stay with us.






These carp were in the lake of the resort. They were huge!


We went to Universal the next morning. We did end up at both sides of the park but I didn't take pictures of Hogsmeade because I had already been there 5 years ago. I wish I would have taken pictures of the Train and during the ride over to Diagon Alley. When we got off the train in looked just like the Knight's Crossing Train Station. Before you get to the entrance of Diagon Alley you see the Knight Bus parked out there.


You can also see the outside of Grimmauld Place. If you look in the window you can see Kreacher peeking out at you.


The entrance to Diagon Alley was just like in the book and the movies. It was hidden behind a brick wall. When you enter the first thing you notice is the dragon on top of Gringotts.


We did ride the Escape from Gringotts ride. This ride was really fun, I liked it better than the Hogwart's Castle ride. While waiting in line you go through the bank and towards the vaults.



Here are a couple more shots of the dragon!


He also breathes fire every so often.


They had a store called The Money Exchange where you can exchange regular money for Gringott's Certificates that you can spend throughout the park. You can also buy little trinkets and a gift set of the coins. While you are waiting in line there is an interactive goblin that will answer questions while you wait. I asked him if he would smile so I could take his picture. This is his smile!


They also added Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. This store had all the candies mentioned in the stories, like Puking Pastilles, Nose Bleed Nougat, Fever Fudge, and Fainting Fancies. There were also a bunch of the jokes and gadgets from the stories. They also had the love potions and the pygmy puffs. They were so cute.




Here are some random shots from the area.



They now sell these interactive wands and have little interactive areas throughout the Harry Potter areas. There is a little plate that tells you the motion that you need to do with the want to get the interactive area to work. This one if you did the spell correctly the umbrella would rain.



They also had Knockturn Alley with Borgin and Burkes down in there. It is really dark down there but neat to check out.



This window of shrunken heads was down in Knockturn Alley. They were all talking to each other. Then I realized this was another one of the interactive things. When you get the spell correct they start singing!


I wish I would have taken more pictures, but I was so excited to see everything. I also enjoyed 2 Butterbeers while there, they are delicious.

As we were walking around the rest of the park, the boyfriend noticed they had people dressed up in Transformer costumes. We sat out there and watched them for a bit. They had Bumblebee and Megatron!



We had such a blast! I would love to go back in a smaller group when I know it isn't going to busy and get some better pictures. I took most of these with my iPhone but I would love to take the DSLR with me next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment