7.31.2014

July Adventures

Still a very unproductive month on the art side of things. I have been in such a funk lately. I am starting to feel myself come out of it a bit. Looking back I realize this happens almost every summer. By the fall I end up getting my creative spark back. I just need to keep pushing forward.

I do have a few things to share that I have been up to this month.

At the beginning of the month the boyfriend and I decided to try out a new Japanese Restaurant called Osaka. The food was really good. They had these beautiful lit up cherry blossom trees.



Here are all my sky photos of the month. Most of them I shared on Instagram but a couple are ones I didn't get a chance to share.





It has been an unusually stormy summer.

I was finally able to buy the camera I have been wanting. I got a Canon Rebel SL1! I am so overwhelmed by this camera. I decided I am going to give it a little time playing with it. I found some great starter guides from a couple other blogs I follow. When I start feeling a bit more comfortable with it, I plan on doing a photography post, hopefully weekly.

I finally talked the boyfriend into helping me paint the walls in the house. I was getting so tired of the white walls. So 5 years later from purchasing the house we are finally painting.

Here are a couple before pictures. Please excuse our mess, I was starting to pack things up and move things around when I decided to take some before pictures.



Here are the after pictures. We chose a slightly grayish beige color. In the hallways we did a slightly darker color of the same grayish beige color. Then we have these 2 drop downs from the ceiling and I decided to color one yellow and the other blue. I wanted them to represent day and night. If you notice in the before picture you can see a sun hanging on one of the drop downs. I plan on hanging that back up and I need to find a moon to hang up on the blue side. I still have to get all the knick knacks and stuff put back where they belong. It is also pretty funny that I haven't cleaned off the sun I drew on the sliders from my Sun A Day project back in 2011. I think its time to let it go!



I had bought a print of the Almond Blossom painting by Van Gogh when I first moved into the house. I am taking that to go get framed this weekend to hang up behind the couch.

I was trying to get a nice picture of my dog and he didn't want anything to do with it, LOL!


Well I am starting to feel the excitement of fall coming. This weekend Yankee Candle is having their Halloween Preview Party, which means Halloween shopping season is just about here. This is my favorite time of year.

Hope everybody had a great July and look forward to an awesome August.

No comments:

Post a Comment