5.01.2012

My Sketchbook #11

I was feeling like I needed a little more structure in my sketches. I have been having a hard time coming up with new things to sketch and decided I could use some instruction. I started the book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards back in November 2010. I stopped reading it and decided to do my Sun A Day Project instead. I am now coming back to it. My next sketches will be exercises from this book.

Exercise #1 was to draw a Self Portrait using a mirror:


Exercise #2 was to draw a person from memory. This proved a little more difficult because I am used to using references. I decided to try and draw my Mom, with her curly hair, before she ended up in the hospital:


Exercise #3 was to draw your hand:


It will be interesting to see if I improve that drastically by the end of the book.

Creatively Tara

1 comment:

  1. You did well Tara, your self-portrait looks quite a bit like you.

    I hope your Mum gets well and gets to grow her curly hair back.

    ReplyDelete